There’s no need to turn on the oven for this dairy-free dessert. These banana cheesecake bars are made with simple shortcuts, and are frozen before serving, for a fast and easy treat that takes the heat off. The recipe is simple enough for kids to prepare, and can accommodate just about any dietary need – including vegan, gluten-free, and even top allergen-free.
These Dairy-Free, No-Bake Banana Cheesecake Bars are No Sweat
This low-effort recipe was shared with us by the Dole Food Company , and was created for their healthy-living tribute to Disney’s Ultimate Princess Celebration global event. These “Golden” banana cheesecake bars were specifically inspired by Disney’s Tangled, with Princess Rabunzel.
In addition to recipes, Dole has created an interactive quiz for kids and a Dole Peel & Play Sticker Storybook. Shoppers can find the first set of 47 collectible Disney Princess sticker designs on DOLE Bananas at supermarkets throughout the U.S. and Canada. A second set will be released in August.
Special Diet Notes: Dairy-Free Banana Cheesecake Bars
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, optionally gluten-free, optionally nut-free, peanut-free, optionally soy-free, optionally vegan, and vegetarian. Just be sure to choose the buttery spread, cream cheese alternative, and graham crackers that suit your dietary needs.
Dairy-Free Banana Cheesecake Bars
Recipe type: Dessert
- 4 whole sheets graham crackers (gluten-free and/or vegan, if needed)
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free buttery spread, melted
- 1 (8-ounce) tub dairy-free cream cheese alternative
- 2 bananas, peeled and mashed
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup lite or regular dairy-free coconut whipped topping, plus additional for garnish
- Chopped walnuts, for garnish (optional; omit for nut-free)
- Line an 8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper so it extends about 2 inches over the sides. Optionally spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pulse the graham crackers in a food processor or blender until they form small crumbs.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the cracker crumbs and buttery spread until evenly coated. Firmly press the mixture into the bottom of your prepared dish.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese alternative, bananas, and sugar with a mixer on medium-high speed, for 2 minutes or until light and fluffy. Fold in the whipped topping. Evenly spread the banana mixture over the crust. Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Using the overhanging sides of the parchment, lift the bar out and transfer it to cutting board. Cut the dessert into 16 squares. Let the bars stand for 30 minutes.
- Serve the bars topped with whipped topping and sprinkled with walnuts, if desired.
- Individually wrap any leftover bars, and freeze to enjoy later.
Serving size: 1 bar Calories: 97 Fat: 5g Saturated fat: 2g Carbohydrates: 11g Sugar: 6g Sodium: 89mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 2g
Leave a Reply