While cherry season is in high gear, we thought you might enjoy a cool, creamy way to enjoy them. This dairy-free Cherry Garcia Nice Cream recipe is another sweet treat from the diet book Always Eat After 7 PM by Joel Marion, CISSN, NSCA-CPT.
Cherry Garcia Nice Cream without an Ice Cream Maker
Please note that Always Eat After 7 PM is not strictly dairy free, but it offers a lot of recipes that are, or can easily be dairy-free. It’s also a helpful guide for people interested in low sugar dieting and weight loss.
Joel’s Cherry Garcia Nice Cream recipe is naturally dairy-free. But we also have a few tips and substitution options that might be helpful for you.
- For a bigger cherry infusion, blend a few frozen cherries in with the banana.
- If you don’t have fresh cherries on hand, you can use frozen cherries. Let them defrost a little before stirring in. We recommend frozen sweet dark cherries.
- The serving sizes are very small. You might only get 2 to 3 servings from this recipe, depending on your appetite. But keep in mind that the nutrition facts are for 4 servings.
- You can substitute coconut cream for the full-fat coconut milk, but try to avoid using coconut milk beverage or another milk beverage. The drinkable versions won’t create a creamy finish.
- We like to shave the chocolate, rather than chopping it. Shaved chocolate is easier to eat and provides a better chocolate infusion when eating frozen treats.
- If you do freeze this mixture, it will be a bit icy. “Nice cream” doesn’t freeze as creamy as regular ice cream.
Special Diet Notes: Cherry Garcia Nice Cream
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, vegetarian, sugar-free, and paleo-friendly.
Cherry Garcia Nice Cream
Author: Joel Marion
Recipe type: Dessert
- Refrigerate cherries and dark chocolate.
- In food processor, pulse frozen bananas, milk and salt until smooth, creamy consistency of soft serve is achieved. Stir in cherries and chocolate.
- Serve immediately or place in freezer-safe container and freeze until serving.
Calories: 165 Fat: 7g Carbohydrates: 27g Sugar: 12g Sodium: 134mg Fiber: 6g Protein: 2g