Many years ago, Mori-Nu shared a “luscious” recipe with us for “easy chocolate dessert.” That basic name didn’t quite capture what the well-known tofu maker had created. It’s a rich but nutritious chocolate mousse layered with fresh fruit and optionally garnished with toppings. So we’ve renamed it dairy-free chocolate mousse parfaits – and yes, it can be made as a single pie.
Dairy-Free Chocolate Mousse Parfaits with a Full Pie Option
In addition to updating the recipe, I have a few suggestions, tips, and substitution ideas to share with you.
Special Diet Notes: Chocolate Mousse Parfaits
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, optionally gluten-free, optionally nut-free, peanut-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian. Just be sure to choose the chocolate chips, serving method, and toppings that suit your dietary needs.
Dairy-Free Chocolate Mousse Parfaits with Pie Option
Recipe type: Dessert
- Melt the chocolate chips and water together in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir vigorously. If not fully melted, heat 15 seconds and stir vigorously again. Do not overheat the chocolate or it will seize!
- Place the tofu in your blender or food processor and puree. Add the melted chocolate and vanilla, and blend at high speed for 2 minutes.
- Layer the chocolate mixture and fruit in pudding cups or in a graham cracker pie crust.
- Refrigerate the dessert for 1 to 2 hours, or until set.
- Garnish with dairy-free whip, almond slices, and/or additional fresh fruit, if desired.
Serving size: 1 parfait or slice Calories: 227 Fat: 10.9g Saturated fat: 3.3g Carbohydrates: 29.7g Sugar: 18.5g Sodium: 157mg Fiber: 1.8g Protein: 3.8g
More Dairy-Free Parfait Dessert Recipes