At last, the Ghirardelli Chocolate Company is churning out some pure chocolate morsels, free of milk-based additives. Made with 52 percent cacao from sustainably sourced cocoa beans, the new Ghirardelli Non-Dairy Chocolate Chips are darker than your run of the mill semisweet without being too bittersweet.
Ghirardelli Butters Up to Dairy-Free Bakers with Non-Dairy Chocolate Chips
Though there is only one “Non-Dairy” label on Ghirardelli retail chocolate chips, the food service and retail 72% cacao dark chocolate chips are also made without milk ingredients. In fact, in food service, both the 52% an 72% cacao Ghirardelli chocolate chips were released as “Non-Dairy” bulk options earlier this year. So we’ve included that variety, too.
Non-Dairy Dark (52% Cacao)
Ingredients: unsweetened chocolate, cane sugar, cocoa butter, soy lecithin, vanilla extract. manufactured on equipment that also processes milk.
Nutrition (per 33 chips / 15 grams): 70 calories, 4.5g fat, 9g carbs, 1g fiber, 7g sugars (includes 7g added sugars), <1g protein.*
72% Cacao Dark
Ingredients: unsweetened chocolate, cane sugar, cocoa butter, vanilla extract, soy lecithin. manufactured on equipment that also processes milk.
Nutrition (per 22 chips / 15 grams): 80 calories, 7 fat, 7g carbs, 2g fiber, 4g sugars (includes 4g added sugars), <1g protein.*
More Facts on Ghirardelli Non-Dairy Chocolate Chips
- Price: $5.99 per 10-ounce bag
- Availability: Ghirardelli Non-Dairy Chocolate Chips are sold at Albertsons/Safeway family of stores, Walmart, Ahold, HEB, SEG, Hannaford, Harris Teeter, and likely more in the future.
- Certifications: Ghirardelli Non-Dairy Chocolate Chips are Certified Kosher D (for dairy equipment, not ingredients; see our Understanding Kosher Guide).
- Dietary Notes: By ingredients, Ghirardelli Non-Dairy Chocolate Chips are dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, vegan, and vegetarian.*
- For More Product Information: Visit the Ghirardelli website at www.ghirardelli.com.
*Always read the ingredient and nutrition statement prior to consumption. Ingredients, processes, and labeling are subject to change at any time for any company or product. Contact the company to discuss their manufacturing processes if potential allergen cross-contamination is an issue for you. No food product can be guaranteed “safe” for every individual’s needs. You should never rely on ingredient and allergen statements alone if dealing with a severe food allergy.
Average Reader Review
0 out of 5 stars (based on 0 reviews)