Their theme might be stuck in the 1950’s, but Johnny Rockets is modernizing their food. They’ve added a new plant-based menu, complete with Impossible Burger, Daiya Dairy-Free Cheddar Cheese, and Craig’s Vegan Shakes. The shakes are made with hand-scooped dairy-free ice cream and even topped with non-dairy whip. These offering are available for a limited time at Johnny Rockets, but will become permanent if demand is high enough.
Dairy-Free Menu Guide to Johnny Rockets (with vegan 0ptions)
The allergen chart at Johnny Rockets is a bit overwhelming, but luckily, there are quite a few dairy-free options buried in the mess. We’ve put them together into a neat and tidy allergen menu to offer some guidance at a glance. In the past, they also offered dairy-free brownies and apple pie at most locations. These don’t seem to be standard desserts at Johnny Rockets anymore, but it never hurts to ask!
Sides & Appetizers
- Fries (vegan)
- Chili Fries (no cheese or Daiya)
- Tots (vegan)
- Sweet Potato Fries (vegan; select locations)
- Rocket Wings with Hot Sauce or Sweet BBQ (no dressing; select locations)
- Rocket Breaded Wings with Hot Sauce or Sweet BBQ (no dressing; select locations)
Burgers, Sandwiches, and Hot Dogs
- The Original Burger (with Beef, Turkey, Gardein, Boca patty, or Grilled Chicken)
- Bacon Cheddar Burger (no cheese or Daiya)
- Rocket Single Burger (no cheese or Daiya)
- Route 66 Burger (no cheese or Daiya)
- Gardein Black Bean Burger (vegan)
- Impossible Burger (vegan; participating locations)
- Streamliner Veggie Burger (vegan)
- Rocket Dog
- BLT Sandwich
- Grilled Chicken Breast Sandwich
- Grilled Chicken Club Sandwich
- Egg Salad Sandwich (select locations)
- Tuna Salad Sandwich (select locations)
Bread & Bun Options: At this time, Johnny Rockets representatives state that lettuce (vegan) and the gluten-free buns (contain egg) are the only dairy-free bread options. Make sure you order the bun “unbuttered.” For years, they stated that the regular buns, wheat buns, sourdough bread, and hoagie rolls were made without milk, but then they flipped a switch and said they all contain milk. We’re still investigating this odd transition.
Dairy-Free Burger Sauce Options: BBQ Sauce (vegan), Honey Mustard, Special Sauce, Ketchup, Mayonnaise, Mustard
Additional Dairy-Free Topping Options (some for an extra charge): Applewood Smoked Bacon Strips, Avocado (vegan), Caramelized Onions (vegan), Chili, Daiya Dairy-Free Cheddar Slices (participating locations), Grilled Green Peppers (vegan), Grilled Mushrooms (vegan), Jalapenos (vegan)
- Garden Salad (no cheese)
- Grilled Chicken Club Salad (no cheese)
Dairy-Free Salad Dressings: 1000 Island , Balsamic Vinaigrette (vegan), Honey Mustard
- Craig’s Vegan Shakes (Chocolate, Strawberry, Vanilla; participating locations)
- Kids Grilled Chicken Strips
- Kids Hot Dog
Heads Up! The chicken tenders contain dairy, and shouldn’t be confused with the grilled chicken strips.
- Breakfast Potatoes (vegan)
- Sourdough Toast (vegan; see below)
- Wheat Toast (vegan; see below)
Heads Up! All of the breakfast entrees at Johnny Rockets contain dairy. Their English muffins and white toast also contain dairy. Also, in another section on their allergen guide, they state that the sourdough now contains milk (which it didn’t used to, and very rarely does), but not in the breakfast section. Be sure to ask to see the bread ingredients before ordering. Again, we are investigating, but don’t have an answer yet!
This Post is for Informational Purposes Only
Menus, ingredients, kitchen procedures, management, and restaurants are subject to change at any time. Always read the menu and discuss your dietary needs with the staff before ordering. Make sure that they can accommodate your situation. This post is for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as advice.
There is always a risk for potential cross-contamination of allergens in any commercial kitchen. If cross-contamination is an issue for you, always speak with the manager to ensure that your meal can be safely prepared. Listings here do not guarantee that a restaurant is safe enough for your individual needs. Only you can make that decision.
Where to Find Johnny Rockets
They have over 300 locations worldwide. See their website below for locations, hours, allergen info, and online ordering.
Average Reader Review
0 out of 5 stars (based on 0 reviews)