I initially wrote about this plant-based Liquid Gold salad dressing over a decade ago, when I reviewed the book Becoming Raw by Brenda Davis. This particular recipe intrigued me, since it was so rich in healthy ingredients, and contains a whopping 2600 milligrams of plant-based Omega 3 fatty acids per serving.
Liquid Gold Salad Dressing that’s Rich in Omega-3 Ingredients
This is definitely a unique salad dressing. It’s not a blend I would have concocted, yet it worked. It was surprisingly mellow compared to other vinaigrettes – lightly sweet, lightly savory, and lightly pungent. I’m not a big lemon juice fan, so I subbed the juice with apple cider vinegar and adjusted the ratio.
Please note that this recipe is a touch high in sodium due to the soy sauce. If watching your sodium intake, you might want to use a low sodium soy sauce or substitute coconut aminos. Coconut aminos is a sauce that’s slightly sweeter, less salty, and much lower in sodium than soy sauce.
Special Diet Notes: Omega-3 Liquid Gold Salad Dressing
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, optionally gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, vegan, plant-based, raw, and vegetarian. For soy-free and strictly paleo, substitute coconut aminos for the soy sauce.
Omega-3 Liquid Gold Salad Dressing
Author: Alisa Fleming
Recipe type: Condiment
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed oil or hempseed oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (can use lemon juice)
- 4 teaspoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tablespoon plain or unsweetened milk beverage or water, plus more as needed (I used hemp milk)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or wheat-free tamari (for gluten-free)
- 2 teaspoons ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, nutritional yeast, 1 tablespoon milk beverage, soy sauce or tamari, flaxseed, maple syrup, mustard, and cumin until combined.
- If the dressing is too thick for your taste (it will thicken a bit as it sits), thin it with a little more milk beverage.
Serving size: 2 tablespoons Calories: 133 Fat: 10.9g Saturated fat: 1.1g Carbohydrates: 4.5g Sugar: 1.5g Sodium: 317mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 3.4g