I love creative dairy-free pizzas, and this one goes above and beyond. It’s topped with a from-scratch, walnut-based sausage that literally takes minutes to make. You don’t have to prep it ahead or cook it, just blend and top for a plant-based sausage pizza ready to pop in the oven.
Plant-Based Sausage Pizza with Easy Vegan Walnut Sausage Crumble
The flavors of the plant-based walnut sausage crumble are quite versatile. Though they pair it with pizza sauce and pesto, you could also use it on a white pizza with dairy-free alfredo. I also like to add loads of toppings. Here are some more veggie ideas for this plant-based sausage pizza:
- Sliced Mushrooms
- Diced Sweet Onion
- Roasted Garlic or Minced Garlic
- Diced Green Bell Pepper
- Roasted Red Bell Peppers
- Baby Spinach Leaves
- Minced Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Roasted Corn
If you load up with enough toppings, you can even go “cheese-free” for more of a flavorful flatbread experience.
This plant-based sausage pizza recipe with photo was shared with us by California Walnuts.
Special Diet Notes: Plant-Based Sausage Pizza
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, peanut-free, optionally soy-free (with coconut aminos), vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian. Make it gluten-free with your favorite gluten-free, dairy-free pizza dough or crust.
Plant-Based Sausage Pizza
Author: California Walnuts
Recipe type: Entree
- 1 cup walnuts
- ½ cup cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos, tamari, or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon celery salt
- In a food processor, pulse the walnuts, cannellini beans, coconut aminos or soy sauce, olive oil, fennel seeds, seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, and salt until the mixture has a sausage like consistency.
- Preheat your oven to 500°F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Divide the dough into four pieces and roll it out into thin ovals. Place the ovals on your prepared baking sheets.
- Spread two dough pieces with equal amounts pizza sauce, ⅓ cup dairy-free cheese alternative, and half of the Walnut Sausage Crumble.
- Spread the remaining dough pieces with the pesto, remaining cheese alternative, remaining Walnut Sausage Crumble, and tomatoes.
- Bake for 8 minutes, or until the pizza edges are golden brown. Garnish with basil or oregano, if desired.