Have you ever had a lava cake? They’re cake on the outside, but when your fork breaks in, a gooey chocolate middle flows out. There are many recipes for them, but it’s not a dessert I see a lot in stores. And they’re rarely dairy-free. But The Coconut Collaborative Lava Cakes have launched in the U.S., and they promise the same fluffy on the outside, rich chocolate pudding on the inside experience, without any eggs or dairy.
The Coconut Collaborative Lava Cakes are Melt in the Middle Delicious
This eco-friendly company focuses on sourcing the most sustainable and best quality ingredients. That’s why they use Dark Belgian Chocolate as the first ingredient in these single-serve cakes. Please note that they are called “Melt in the Middle” Puddings in the U.K., but are the same delicious experience. The image below shows the UK packaging.
Ingredients: dark chocolate (cocoa mass, sugar, cocoa powder, soya lecithin, natural vanilla flavouring), coconut cream, sugar, water, rice flour, date syrup, rapeseed oil, sunflower oil, glucose, cocoa powder, tapioca starch, chicory fibre, mono and diglycerides. contains coconut and soy
Nutrition (per 3.2-ounce cake): 350 calories, 19g fat, 40g carbs, 3g fiber, 25g sugars (includes 19g added sugars), 3g protein.*
Photo from Coconut Collaborative by Helena rose Photography
More Facts on The Coconut Collaborative Lava Cakes
- Price: $4.98 per 2-pack (6.4 ounces total)
- Availability: The Coconut Collaborative Lava Cakes are sold at Walmart in the U.S. They’re available as “Melt in the Middle” Puddings in the U.K.
- Certifications: The Coconut Collaborative Lava Cakes are Certified Vegan.
- Dietary Notes: By ingredients, The Coconut Collaborative Lava Cakes are dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, vegan, and vegetarian.*
- For More Product Information: Visit the Coconut Collaborative websites for the United States, France, New Zealand, and United Kingdom.
*Always read the ingredient and nutrition statement prior to consumption. Ingredients, processes, and labeling are subject to change at any time for any company or product. Contact the company to discuss their manufacturing processes if potential allergen cross-contamination is an issue for you. No food product can be guaranteed “safe” for every individual’s needs. You should never rely on ingredient and allergen statements alone if dealing with a severe food allergy.
Average Reader Review
0 out of 5 stars (based on 0 reviews)