We’ve been waiting for Trader Joe’s to make the official announcement, but it seems they’re letting this dairy-free product release linger for a while. Trader Joe’s Vegan Sour Cream is already in stores, and waiting to top your enchilada casserole. We have all the details for this savory new condiment below.
Photos from Big Box Vegan.
Trader Joe’s Vegan Sour Cream is a Cool Coconut-Based Alternative
It’s not dairy, but it is a little tart, a touch tangy, adequately thick, and quite creamy. And we think it will work well as a sour cream substitute on your favorite Mexican dishes, stirred into dips, baked into cakes, and more. But be sure to leave your own rating and review below once you try it.
Ingredients: water, coconut oil, modified food starch (modified corn starch, modified potato starch), natural flavors, distilled white vinegar, salt, carob bean gum, lactic acid, beta carotene (for color).
Nutrition (per 2 tablespoons): 60 calories, 5g fat, 3g carbs, 0g fiber, 0g sugars (includes 0g added sugars), 0g protein.*
More Facts on Trader Joe’s Vegan Sour Cream Alternative
- Price: $3.49 per 12-ounce tub
- Availability: Trader Joe’s Vegan Sour Cream Alternative is sold exclusively at Trader Joe’s stores in the U.S. Look for it in the refrigerated dairy section.
- Certifications: Trader Joe’s Vegan Sour Cream Alternative is Certified Kosher Pareve.
- Dietary Notes: By ingredients, Trader Joe’s Vegan Sour Cream Alternative is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, sugar-free, vegan, vegetarian, and keto-friendly for some people.*
- For More Product Information: Visit the Trader Joe’s website at www.traderjoes.com.
*Always read the ingredient and nutrition statement prior to consumption. Ingredients, processes, and labeling are subject to change at any time for any company or product. Contact the company to discuss their manufacturing processes if potential allergen cross-contamination is an issue for you. No food product can be guaranteed “safe” for every individual’s needs. You should never rely on ingredient and allergen statements alone if dealing with a severe food allergy.
Average Reader Review
0 out of 5 stars (based on 0 reviews)
Leave a Reply