This sweet papaya smoothie recipe was originally shared with us by Olympic Soy. They’ve since discontinued their dairy-free soy yogurt, so we’ve modified this recipe to use dairy-free coconut yogurt. The natural coconut flavor melds perfectly, and makes this a soy-free recipe. If the yogurt you use lacks zest, squeeze just a little lemon juice into the smoothie. It helps the flavors pop.
Tropical Papaya Smoothie for Dairy-Free Digestive Health
Sweet papayas grow in tropical climates around the world, with peak seasons in early summer and fall. But you can enjoy papaya year round, particularly in Hawaii and Florida, where it is a popular local fruit.
Papaya is naturally rich in vitamins, digestive enzymes and is a prebiotic food. So we like to pair it with probiotic-rich dairy-free yogurt and tummy-taming ginger.
For a thick and frosty smoothie or smoothie bowl, you can blend frozen papaya chunks in place of the papaya juice – or add just enough juice to get the consistency needed.
Special Diet Notes: Tropical Papaya Smoothie
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, paleo-friendly, and vegetarian.
Tropical Papaya Smoothie
Author: Adapted from Olympic Soy
Recipe type: Drinks
- 1 cup papaya juice
- 1 cup dairy-free coconut yogurt alternative
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger or ⅛ teaspoon ginger powder(optional)
- Honey or agave nectar, to taste (optional)
- Ice (optional)
- Put the dairy-free yogurt, coconut, and ginger (if using) in your blender and puree until smooth.
- Add the papaya juice and blend to combine. Taste test and add sweetener, if desired.
- For a frostier smoothie, blend in some ice.
Leave a Reply